Dr. Yurth sat down with Dr. Orest to discuss women’s hormone therapy and how it’s often misunderstood. There are a lot of myths and unchecked facts out there that can confuse women who are considering this treatment. But the truth is, hormone therapy can be a safe and effective option for women. In this episode, Dr. Yurth clears up some of the misconceptions and provides a better understanding of what this treatment can do.
Listen to the full episode, or visit Dr. Komarnyckyj’s website to learn more below!
A bit about Dr. Orest Komarnyckyj
Dr. Orest Komarnyckyj enjoyed a prestigious career as a periodontal regenerative surgeon moving to a new passion in June 2018. He retired after a 33-year career to pursue new passions. At 70 Dr. Orest has taken on a new role as an Interviewer, Podcaster, and government-certified Old Guy. He streams from his new home in Las Vegas, NV. He lives with his wife of 30 years, Oksana. His status as an empty-nester with two college-employed children has left him with time and energy to share decades of successes, failures, and wisdom.
- 00:00 – Precap
- 00:42 – Intro
- 01:51 – Guest introduction
- 04:28 – Myths surrounding women’s hormone therapy
- 07:47 – Hormone replacement – Insanity starts
- 10:33 – Women should not be on hormones
- 11:20 – Women’s hormones, increase the rate of breast cancer
- 13:11 – US Preventive Task Force released a statement
- 15:54 – Commercial Starts
- 16:27 – Commercial ends
- 16:43 – Can hormones cause cancer?
- 17:05 – Metabolizing Hormones
- 18:09 – Does testosterone cause cancer in men?
- 19:10 – Know how hormones metabolize
- 21:20 – Liver-protecting process
- 24:25 – What’s the process of going through hormone replacement therapy?
- 26:28 – Women have estrogen dominance
- 28:00 – Birth control pills block testosterone
- 29:50 – Testosterone is always bioidentical
- 30:28 – Outro